Had this for about 6 months now. I rebuilt the engine, re-wired everything entirely, and now its onto the body.
For fathers day, I got a 1966 Chevelle Malibu. The project itself will not be a complete frame-off restoration, but more of a “rebuild”. I have no interest in doing an LS swap but do want to get a big block in here some day – 396 or 454, whatever I can find, still carbureted. It has the turbo 350, automatic that I will also replace with a 5 or 6 speed tremec. The final look and feel I’m going for is death – when you see and hear it coming, you immediately question your life decisions.
It came with a 350 SBC. I tore this down to the longblock as the heads were not flowing well and had oil leaking into them (camel hump heads even!). I swapped them with a set of vortec heads that were just better flowing, ported and polished, and much better. I dont remember the stats, but will update when I find them. Long-tube 2.5″ headers, no exhaust. Replaced all electrical circuits.
The body is straight. The major rust is around the rear-window and panel-to-trunk. There is a leak in the windshield seal. I’ll be soda blasting everything myself, acid washing it, repairing the rust (with replacement panels), and plastidipping it matte-black. Looking at 275+ tires in the back.